What is erectile dysfunction? What are the impacts of erectile dysfunction in our lives? Let us know about erectile dysfunction, facts, symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and Kegel exercises. Also, learn about treatments available in Medical science, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Yoga, and Home Remedies. Learning about erectile dysfunction & Free Siddha energy remedies, without money and medicines would be quite easier and beneficial to all. Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System has the capability to solve problems related to erectile dysfunction. So keep reading this article, which will educate and also make you capable of solving the problem.
What is erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence. It is a type of sexual dysfunction characterized by the inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis during sexual activity. Erectile dysfunction can have psychological consequences as it can be tied to relationship difficulties and self-image.
The human penis is an external male intromittent organ that additionally serves as the urinal duct. The main parts are the root (radix); the body (corpus); and the epithelium of the penis, which include the shaft skin and the foreskin covering the glans penis.
The body of the penis is made up of three columns of tissue: two corpora cavernosa on the dorsal side and corpus spongiosum between them on the ventral side. The human male urethra passes through the prostate gland, where it is joined by the ejaculatory duct, and then through the penis. The urethra traverses the corpus spongiosum, and its opening, the meatus, lies on the tip of the glans penis. It is a passage both for urination and ejaculation of semen.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is characterized by the regular or repeated inability to obtain or maintain an erection.
Erectile dysfunction causes
- Neurogenic disorders
- Cavernosal disorders
- Psychological causes – performance anxiety, stress, and mental disorders
- Kidney failure
- Diseases such as diabetes mellitus and multiple sclerosis
- Lifestyle – smoking is a key cause of erectile dysfunction. Smoking causes impotence because it promotes arterial narrowing
- Excess consumption of alcohol
Erectile dysfunction is a common complication of treatments for prostate cancer. It includes prostatectomy and destruction of the prostate by external beam radiation. The prostate gland itself is not necessary to achieve an erection. ED can also be associated with bicycling due to both neurological and vascular problems.
Erectile dysfunction diagnosis
There are no formal tests to diagnose erectile dysfunction. Some blood tests are generally done to exclude underlying diseases, such as hypogonadism and prolactinoma. Impotence is also related to:
- Generally poor physical health
- Poor dietary habits
- Specifically cardiovascular diseases e.g. coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease
A useful and simple way to distinguish between physiological and psychological impotence is to determine whether the patient ever has an erection. If never, the problem is likely to be physiological. If sometimes, it could be physiological or psychological.
Erectile dysfunction treatment
Treatment in medical science depends on the cause:
- Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise during midlife is effective for preventing ED. Exercise as a treatment is under investigation. For tobacco smokers, cessation results in a significant improvement.
- Oral pharmacotherapy and vacuum erection devices are first-line treatments, which are followed by injections of drugs into the penis, and penile implants.
Medication for erectile dysfunction
The PDE5 inhibitors sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis) are prescription drugs which are taken orally. A cream combining alprostadil with the permeation enhancer DDAIP has been approved in Canada as a first line treatment for erectile dysfunction. One of the following medications may be injected into the penis:
- Prostaglandin E1
Pumps for erectile dysfunction
A vacuum erection device helps draw blood into the penis by applying negative pressure. This type of device is sometimes referred to as penis pump and may be used just prior to sexual intercourse. Several types of FDA approved vacuum therapy devices are available with a doctor’s prescription.
Surgery of penis for erectile dysfunction
Often, as a last resort, if other treatments have failed, the most common procedure is prosthetic implants which involve the insertion of artificial rods into the penis.
Alternative medicine for erectile dysfunction
The FDA does not recommend alternative therapies to treat sexual dysfunction. Many products are advertised as ‘herbal viagra’ or ‘natural’ sexual enhancement products, but no clinical trials or scientific studies support the effectiveness of these products for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
The United States Food and Drug Administration has warned consumers that any sexual enhancement product that claims to work as well as prescription products are likely to contain such a contaminant.
Kegel exercises for erectile dysfunction
Pelvic floor exercises, or Kegel exercises, are the most beneficial for erectile dysfunction. These exercises target the muscles at the bottom of the pelvis, and particularly one called the pubococcygeus. This loops from the pubic bone to the tailbone and supports the pelvic organs.
When this muscle weakens, it is unable to prevent blood from flowing out of the erect penis. Performing pelvic floor exercises will strengthen and improve tone in the pubococcygeus. It can take 4–6 weeks before a person notices a difference in erections:
1. Activating pelvic floor muscles
This exercise is simple but important. It teaches a person to activate their pelvic floor muscles:
- Lie down with the knees bent, the feet flat on the floor, and the arms by the sides
- Exhale and squeeze the pelvic floor muscles for a count of three
- Inhale and release for a count of three
- Take time identifying the right group of muscles — those at the bottom of the pelvis. It can be easy to accidentally contract other muscles instead, particularly those of the stomach, buttocks, or legs.
2. Sitting pelvic floor activation
- Sit with the arms at the sides and the feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart
- Using the same technique as above, activate the pelvic floor muscles for a count of three, and release for a count of three
- Ensure that the stomach, buttocks, and leg muscles are not contracting.
3. Standing pelvic floor activation
- Stand straight with the arms by the sides, and the feet hip-width apart
- Using the technique above, activate the pelvic floor muscles for a count of three, and release for a count of three
- Ensure that the stomach, buttocks, and leg muscles are not contracting.
Once a person is comfortable performing Kegel exercises three times a day, it can help to add exercises that involve more movement.
Erectile dysfunction treatment – Ayurveda
Ayurvedic medicine is a holistic, whole-body approach to health. It originated thousands of years ago in India. This practice promotes a combined use of herbal compounds, dietary guidelines, and specific exercises. It seeks to address the spiritual and social components of a person’s well-being in addition to their physical health:
Withania somnifera is an herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine, which is also called Indian ginseng and Ashwagandha. It has been found to improve sperm count and fertility in men. Indian ginseng does this by regulating hormone levels and making your cells healthier, which is also used to improve mental clarity and reduce stress. Both factors can have an impact on erectile dysfunction symptoms.
Erectile dysfunction treatment – Homeopathy
This remedy may be helpful if problems with impotence develop after a man has led a life of intense and frequent sexual activity for many years. A cold sensation felt in the genitals is a strong indication for Agnus castus. People who need this remedy are often very anxious about their health and loss of abilities and may have problems with memory and concentration.
This remedy may be helpful to a man whose genitals are completely limp, despite having sexual interest. A person who needs this remedy often craves tobacco.
People who need this remedy may have problems with erections because of worry, and can also be troubled by memory loss. They often lack self-confidence. People who need this remedy often have digestive problems with gas and bloating, and an energy slump in the late afternoon and evening.
This remedy is often helpful to men who have diminished sexual ability, especially if the problem starts after a fever or exhausting illness. The person feels weak and exhausted, but interest is usually still present. Unusual hair-loss, body hair or eyebrows, can also suggest a need for Selenium.
Erectile dysfunction treatment – Naturopathy
Herbal medicines usually do not have significant side effects when used appropriately and at suggested doses. Occasionally, an herb at the prescribed dose causes stomach upset or a headache. This may reflect the purity of the preparation or added ingredients, such as synthetic binders or fillers. As with all medications, more is not better and overdosing can lead to serious illness and even death.
- Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) – Traditionally used for male impotence, though no current studies support this usage
- Damiana (Turnera diffusa) – Traditionally used as an aphrodisiac and for various sexual disorders; however, there are no current studies to confirm its effectiveness
- Ginkgo biloba – Increases arterial blood flow, which may have a positive effect on male sexual function
- Muira puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides) – Used for erectile dysfunction and lack of libido
Erectile dysfunction treatment – Yoga
Findings, published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, revealed that the completion of yoga sessions resulted in:
- Improved sexual functions
- Intercourse satisfaction
- Sexual performance
- Partner synchronization
- Ejaculatory control
Yoga helps you beat erectile dysfunction (ED) through stress relief, improved blood flow which is essential for stronger and long-lasting erections, and other mechanisms that scientists are now beginning to elucidate. If you want to beat ED, study says Yoga poses, explained below, as an effective, natural, and inexpensive solution:
Boat Pose (Naukasana)
Boat pose activates sexual hormones in men and helps you last longer between the sheets by strengthening your hips, buttocks, and thigh muscles. It belongs to one of the basic yoga poses due to its simplicity. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie on the back with arms beside your body and feet together
- Inhale and as you’re exhaling start lifting your chest and feet off the ground
- Stretch your arms toward your feet
- Your eyes, fingers, and toes should be in a straight line, but at first, it might be easier for you to keep them at knee height
- Maintain the pose for a few seconds while taking a deep breath
- Exhale and return to the starting position
To know more about poses, please refer to this link.
Erectile dysfunction – Home remedies
Use this magic herb in your regular diet. Boil 3 to 4 garlic cloves in a glass of milk along with Misri or sugar candy. Men who suffer from erectile dysfunction due to diabetes can skip Misri or sugar candy. Drink this milk before going to bed at night. Milk is the best medium to carry beneficial nutrients of garlic to male tissues.
Boil one teaspoon of ashwagandha powder with a glass of milk. This ashwagandha milk recipe is helpful for erectile dysfunction in diabetes. Drink this milk twice daily after food. Ashwagandha powder will be bitter to taste. If you are not a diabetic you can use sugar. If you feel repulsive to drink ashwagandha milk ashwagandha capsules are a better option.
Method 1 – Coarsely powder walnuts before use. Take 2 teaspoons of this powder and mix it with 2 teaspoons of honey and consume it. Method 2 – Take an airtight jar and fill it with a cup of honey. Add 1 cup of walnuts into this and mix well. Eat 2 teaspoons of this mix twice daily. Do not heat honey in any given circumstances.
Just eat ripe banana fruit twice daily. Exercise well when you eat this, as it has a high glycaemic index and there are chances you may put on weight.
Erectile dysfunction & Free Siddha Energy Remedies
The following five quite effective self-learned remedies for how to solve erectile dysfunction with free Siddha energy remedies would be helpful: