Rett syndrome – RTT (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम) is a genetic brain disorder that typically becomes apparent after 6 to 18 months of age in females. Symptoms include problems with language, coordination, and repetitive movements. Often there is slower growth, problems walking, and smaller head size. Complications can include seizures, scoliosis, and sleeping problems. Those affected, however, may be affected to different degrees. There is no known cure for Rett syndrome. Treatment is directed at improving symptoms. The condition affects about 1 in 8,500 females. Due to its unique symptoms, Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System brings out this unique problem with some free Siddha remedies for the well-being of everyone.
Rett syndrome Definition (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम परिभाषा)
Rett syndrome is a rare genetic neurological and developmental disorder that affects the way the brain develops, causing a progressive loss of motor skills and speech. This disorder primarily affects girls.
Rett syndrome Symptoms (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम के लक्षण)
Stage I symptoms (चरण I के लक्षण)
Stage I, called early-onset, typically begins between 6 and 18 months of age. This stage is often overlooked because symptoms of the disorder may be somewhat vague, and parents and doctors may not notice the subtle slowing of development at first. The infant may begin to show less eye contact and have reduced interest in toys. There may be delays in gross motor skills such as sitting or crawling. Hand-wringing and decreasing head growth may occur, but not enough to draw attention. This stage usually lasts for a few months but can continue for more than a year.
Stage II symptoms (चरण II के लक्षण)
Stage II usually begins between ages 1 and 4 and may last for weeks or months. Its onset may be rapid or gradual as the child loses purposeful hand skills and spoken language. Characteristic hand movements such as wringing, washing, clapping, or tapping, as well as repeatedly moving the hands to the mouth often begin during this stage.
The child may hold the hands clasped behind the back or held at the sides, with random touching, grasping, and releasing. The movements continue while the child is awake but disappear during sleep. Breathing irregularities such as episodes of sleep apnea and hyperventilation may occur, although breathing usually improves during sleep. Some girls also display autistic-like symptoms such as loss of social interaction and communication. Walking may be unsteady and initiating motor movements can be difficult. Slowed head growth is usually noticed during this stage.
Stage III symptoms (चरण III के लक्षण)
Stage III, or the plateau or pseudo-stationary stage, usually begins between ages 2 and 10 and can last for years. Apraxia, motor problems, and seizures are prominent during this stage. However, there may be an improvement in behavior, with less irritability, crying, and autistic-like features. In stage III there may be more interest in the surroundings and alertness, attention span, and communication skills may improve. Many girls remain in this stage for most of their lives.
Stage IV symptoms (चरण IV के लक्षण)
Stage IV, or the late motor deterioration stage, can last for years or decades. Prominent features include:
- Reduced mobility
- The curvature of the spine
- Muscle weakness
- Increased muscle tone with abnormal posturing of an arm, leg
Girls who were previously able to walk may stop walking. Cognition, communication, or hand skills generally do not decline in stage IV. Repetitive hand movements may decrease and eye gaze usually improves.
The signs of Rett syndrome typical form are perfectly identified. In addition to the classical form of Rett syndrome, several atypical forms have been described over the years; the main groups are:
- Congenital variant: in this severe subtype of Rett syndrome, the development of the patients and their head circumference are abnormal from birth. The typical gaze of Rett syndrome patients is usually absent.
- Zappella variant of Rett Syndrome or preserved speech variant: in this subtype of Rett syndrome the patients acquire some manual skills and language is partially recovered around the age of 5 years that is after the regression phase. Height, weight, and head circumference are often in the normal range, and a good gross motor function can be observed. The Zappella variant is a milder form of Rett syndrome;
- Hanefeld variant or early epilepsy variant. In this form of Rett syndrome, the patients suffer from epilepsy before 5 months of age.
The definition itself of the Rett syndrome has been refined over the years: as the atypical forms subsist near to the classical form, the “Rett Complex” terminology has been introduced.
Rett syndrome Causes (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम के कारण)
It has been argued that Rett syndrome is, in fact, a neurodevelopmental condition as opposed to a neurodegenerative condition. One piece of evidence for this is that mice with induced Rett Syndrome show no neuronal death, and some studies have suggested that their phenotypes can be partially rescued by adding functional MECP2 gene back when they are adults. This information has also helped lead to further studies aiming to treat the disorder.
Sporadic mutations (छिटपुट उत्परिवर्तन)
In at least 95% of Rett syndrome cases, the cause is a de novo mutation in the child, which is not inherited from either parent. Parents are generally genotypically normal, without a MECP2 mutation.
Germline mutations (रोगाणु उत्परिवर्तन)
It can also be inherited from phenotypically normal mothers who have a germline mutation in the gene encoding methyl-CpG-binding protein-2, MeCP2. In these cases, inheritance follows an X-linked dominant pattern and is seen almost exclusively in females, as most males die in utero or shortly after birth. MECP2 is found near the end of the long arm of the X chromosome at Xq28.
Rett syndrome Mechanism (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम का तंत्र)
Pontine noradrenergic deficits (पोंटीन नॉरएड्रेनाजिक की कमी)
Brain levels of norepinephrine are lower in people with Rett syndrome. The genetic loss of MECP2 changes the properties of cells in the locus coeruleus, the exclusive source of noradrenergic innervation to the cerebral cortex and hippocampus. These changes include hyperexcitability and decreased functioning of its noradrenergic innervation.
Midbrain dopaminergic disturbances (मध्यमस्तिष्क डोपामिनर्जिक गड़बड़ी)
The majority of dopamine in the mammalian brain is synthesized by nuclei located in the mesencephalon. The substantia nigra pars compacta (SNpc), the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and the retroviral field (RRF) contains dopaminergic neurons expressing tyrosine hydroxylase.
Rett syndrome Diagnosis (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम का निदान)
Prior to the discovery of a genetic cause, Rett syndrome had been designated as a pervasive developmental disorder by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), together with the autism spectrum disorders. Some argued against this conclusive assignment because RTT resembles non-autistic disorders such as fragile X syndrome, tuberous sclerosis, or Down syndrome that also exhibit autistic features. After the research proved the molecular mechanism, in 2013 the DSM-5 removed the syndrome altogether from classification as a mental disorder.
A period of symptom regression followed by recovery or symptom stabilization must also occur. Children are often misdiagnosed as having autism, cerebral palsy, or another form of developmental delay. A positive test for the MECP2 mutation is not enough to make a diagnosis.
Ruling in (में शासन कर रहे)
- Decreased or loss of use of fine motor skills
- Decreased or loss of verbal speech
- Abnormalities during gait
- Repetitive hand movements such as wringing/squeezing or clapping/tapping
Ruling out (खारिज करना)
- Traumatic brain injury, neurometabolic disease, or severe infection that may better explain symptoms
- Abnormal psychomotor development during the first six months of life
Supportive criteria (सहायक मानदंड)
- Breathing disturbances when awake
- Bruxism while awake
- Impaired sleep pattern
- Abnormal muscle tone
- Peripheral vasomotor disturbances
- Growth retardation
- Small cold hands and feet
- Inappropriate laughing/screaming spells
- Diminished response to pain
- Intense eye communication
Differential diagnosis (विभेदक निदान)
Signs of Rett syndrome that are similar to autism:
- Screaming fits
- Inconsolable crying
- Avoidance of eye contact
- Lack of social/emotional reciprocity
- Markedly impaired use of nonverbal behaviors to regulate social interaction
- Loss of speech
- Sensory problems
- Sleep regression
Symptoms of Rett syndrome that are also present in cerebral palsy:
- Possible short stature, sometimes with unusual body proportions because of difficulty walking or malnutrition caused by difficulty swallowing
- Delayed or absent ability to walk
- Gait/movement difficulties
- Microcephaly in some – abnormally small head, poor head growth
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Some forms of spasticity
- Chorea – spasmodic movements of hand or facial muscles
- Bruxism – grinding of teeth
Rett syndrome Treatment (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम का उपचार)
Currently, there is no cure for Rett syndrome.
A multi-disciplinary team approach is typically used to treat the person throughout life. This team may include:
- Primary care physicians
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Support services in academic and occupational settings
Some children may require special equipment and aids such as braces to arrest scoliosis, splints to modify hand movements, and nutritional programs to help them maintain adequate weight.
Treatment of Rett syndrome includes:
- Management of gastrointestinal (reflux, constipation) and nutritional issues
- Surveillance of scoliosis
- Surveillance of long QT syndrome by annual EKG
- Increasing the patient’s communication skills, especially with augmentative communication strategies
- Parental counseling
- Modifying social medications
- Sleep aids
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Anti-psychotics for self-harming behaviors
- Beta-blockers for long QT syndrome
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Physical therapy
Because of the increased risk of sudden cardiac death, when long QT syndrome is found on an annual screening EKG it is treated with an anti-arrhythmic such as a beta-blocker. There is some evidence that phenytoin may be more effective than a beta-blocker.
Rett syndrome And Siddha remedies (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम और सिद्ध उपचार)
1. Siddha preventive measures (सिद्ध निवारक उपाय)
Everybody must practice Siddha preventive measures, whether a person is affected with a Rett syndrome or not, but preventive measures are the primary steps for switching on to any other Siddha remedies, and hence they are important. It helps in one’s capability, effectiveness, and productivity, decision making power, intellectuality, and removing minor health problems. There are three types of preventive measures:
- Earthing – performed for earthing the negativity of our body
- Field Cleaning – cleans energy field (Aura) of our body
- Siddha Brain Exercise/Energizing – energizes our brain for proper functionality
Everybody’s tendency is to get attracted to the word ‘free‘, however, don’t neglect even these Siddha preventive measures are free. Avail the benefits by practicing them sincerely, and regularly. For the ease of understanding Siddha preventive measures, please watch a video for a live demonstration.
2. Siddha Shaktidata Yog (सिद्ध शक्तीदाता योग)
This unique Siddha Shaktidata Yog of Siddha Spirituality can solve the problems related to a Rett syndrome with Siddha remedies. There is no compulsion of training of ‘Swami Hardas Life System’ methods. This not only gives benefits to self but also it can be used for other affected persons, whether a person is in the same house, distantly available in the same city, same nation or might be in any corner of the world, however, both the procedures have been explained here.
3. Siddha Kalyan Sadhana (सिद्ध कल्याण साधना)
Recite this Sadhana with a Sankalp “My problems of Rett syndrome are solved as early as possible and I should gain health”, which should be repeated in mind 3 – 3 times every after each stanza. Any person irrespective of caste, creed, religion, faith, sex, and age can recite this Sadhana for free, which should be repeated at least twice in a day. To know more, please click on this link.
4. CCPE products (CCPE उत्पाद)
These products work on the concepts of ‘Conceptual Creative Positive Energy’ (CCPE) within the provisions of the ‘CCPE Life System’ and the theory of Quantum Technology to a certain extent. However, the products get activated only whenever touched by a human and then they become capable of solving the problem and achieving health. However, please use these products for Rett syndrome as mentioned below:
CCPE Extractor: The CCPE Extractor should be gently moved over the Agya Chakra in a circular motion at least for 30 to 60 seconds, thereafter, follow the same process on the head, heart, and novel for another 30 to 60 seconds, which finishes within almost 2 – 4 minutes.
CCPE Booster: Keep one Booster over the Agya Chakra and another one each over the head, heart, and novel for 3 minutes. You may need to have 4 Boosters, which establishes positivity.
5. A daily routine for Rett syndrome (रिट्ट सिंड्रोम के लिए एक दैनिक दिनचर्या)
In general, a daily routine to manage Rett syndrome:
- Carry out all medical checks as suggested above and follow the advice of your doctor
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and a Sattvic diet
- Do aerobic exercises regularly
- Apply Siddha remedies minimum 3 times a day, as explained above
- Perform Swayamsiddha Agnihotra daily, if feasible
- In case, if someone wishes to learn advanced methods of Swami Hardas Life System, undergo unique training
Ensure to sprinkle in some fun during the day, however, don’t forget to relax and laugh in between. Laughing is a great way to boost your immune system and help you.
Along with all the above activities, apply above explained free Siddha energy remedies minimum 3 times a day, the more is good. Just try the methods of Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System. I am confident that you will surely find improvements within 15 days.
Training of Swami Hardas Life System (स्वामी हरदास लाइफ सिस्टम का प्रशिक्षण)
Any problem with regard to health, peace, and progress can be solved independently without money and medicines by undergoing training of Swami Hardas Life System. Any person irrespective of religion, caste, creed, faith, sex, and age can undergo this unique training.
In view of the above, I am confident that you have learned about Rett syndrome, definition, symptoms, stages, causes, mechanism, diagnosis, and treatments. You also learned Siddha remedies for free. Now, you have become self-sufficient, hence its right time to use your acquired knowledge for solving problems as per the provision available in Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System.
After reading this article, what are your thoughts? Infact, I believe in sharing knowledge. Can I expect you to let me know your precious thoughts?
The opinions expressed in this article are the personal opinions of the concerned site owners. Siddha Spirituality For Health is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. However, it is advisable to consult a specialist in the concerned field before availing of the benefits. Hence we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.