Hyperhidrosis (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस) is a condition characterized by abnormally increased sweating, in excess of that required for regulation of body temperature. Although primarily a physical burden, hyperhidrosis can deteriorate the quality of life from a psychological, emotional, and social perspective. It has been called by some ‘the silent handicap’. A common complaint of patients is they get nervous because they sweat, then sweat more because they are nervous. Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System brings out hyperhidrosis and other various aspects for the well-being of valuable readers.
Hyperhidrosis Meaning (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस का अर्थ)
Both the words diaphoresis and hidrosis can mean either perspiration in which sense they are synonymous with sweating, or excessive perspiration, in which case they refer to a specific, narrowly defined, clinical disorder.
Hyperhidrosis Causes (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस के कारण)
The cause of primary hyperhidrosis is unknown, although some physicians claim it is caused by over-activity of the sympathetic nervous system. Anxiety or excitement can exacerbate the condition of many sufferers. A common complaint of patients is they get nervous because they sweat, then sweat more because they are nervous. Other factors can play a role, including certain foods and drinks, nicotine, caffeine, and smells.
Primary hyperhidrosis (प्राथमिक हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस)
Primary (focal) hyperhidrosis has many causes:
- Idiopathic unilateral circumscribed hyperhidrosis
- Reported association with:
- Blue rubber bleb nevus
- Glomus tumor
- POEMS syndrome
- Burning feet syndrome (Gopalan’s)
- Trench foot
- Pretibial myxedema
- Gustatory sweating associated with:
- Lacrimal sweating
- Harlequin syndrome
- Emotional hyperhidrosis
Secondary hyperhidrosis (माध्यमिक हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस)
Similarly, secondary hyperhidrosis has many causes including certain types of cancer, disturbances of the endocrine system, infections, and medications.
A variety of cancers have been associated with the development of secondary hyperhidrosis including lymphoma, pheochromocytoma, carcinoid tumors, and tumors within the thoracic cavity.
Certain endocrine conditions are also known to cause secondary hyperhidrosis including:
- Diabetes mellitus (especially when blood sugars are low)
- Various forms of thyroid disease
The use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors e.g. sertraline is a common cause of medication-induced secondary hyperhidrosis. Other medications associated with secondary hyperhidrosis include:
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Anxiolytic agents
- Adrenergic agonists
- Cholinergic agonists
Hyperhidrosis Prevention (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस की रोकथाम)
- Drink plenty of cool water throughout the day to help regulate your body temperature
- Shower or bathe every day using antibacterial soap
- Don’t wear clothes made of nylon or polyester that will trap sweat
- Before applying deodorant or antiperspirant, dry yourself completely
- Use underarm liners and shoe inserts to absorb sweat and prevent odor
- Avoid spicy foods that can increase the amount of sweat you produce
- Reduce stress, which is a major sweat trigger for many people
- Use dry shampoo to control sweating from the scalp
- Cut back on smoking, drinking alcohol, and excessive caffeine consumption as these things can lead to increased sweating
- If you are overweight, take the necessary steps to lose weight
- Avoid eating junk food, processed ready-to-eat meals, soda, or anything containing high fructose corn syrup
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables that are high in water content
- Foods rich in zinc to be eaten or take a zinc supplement
- Eat a handful of grapes every day to keep the body temperature cool
Make sure to consult a doctor if excessive sweating occurs with chest pain, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, or sudden weight loss.
Hyperhidrosis Diagnosis (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस का निदान)
The symmetry of excessive sweating in hyperhidrosis is most consistent with primary hyperhidrosis. Excessive sweating affecting only one side of the body is more suggestive of secondary hyperhidrosis and further investigation for a neurologic cause is recommended.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस का उपचार)
There are several systemic, topical, surgical, and electrical treatments available for hyperhidrosis. Topical agents for hyperhidrosis therapy include:
- Formaldehyde lotion
- Topical anticholinergic
These agents reduce perspiration by denaturing keratin, in turn occluding the pores of the sweat glands. They have a short-lasting effect. Formaldehyde is classified as a probable human carcinogen as its continuous inhalation day after day, year after year has been linked with nasal and brain cancers, and possibly leukemia. Contact sensitization is increased, especially with formalin.
Aluminum chlorohydrate is used in regular antiperspirants. However, hyperhidrosis requires solutions or gels with a much higher concentration.
For severe cases of plantar and palmar hyperhidrosis, there has been some success with conservative measures such as higher strength aluminum chloride antiperspirants. Treatment algorithms for hyperhidrosis recommend topical antiperspirants as the first line of therapy for hyperhidrosis. Both the International Hyperhidrosis Society and the Canadian Hyperhidrosis Advisory Committee have published treatment guidelines for focal hyperhidrosis that are said to be evidence-based.
Prescription medications called anticholinergics, often taken by mouth, are sometimes used in the treatment of both generalized and focal hyperhidrosis. Anticholinergics used for hyperhidrosis include propantheline, glycopyrronium bromide or glycopyrrolate, oxybutynin, methantheline, and benzatropine.
For people who find their hyperhidrosis is made worse by anxiety-provoking situations (public speaking, stage performances, special events such as weddings, etc.), taking an anticholinergic medicine before the event may be helpful.
Several anticholinergic drugs can reduce hyperhidrosis. Oxybutynin (brand name Ditropan) is one that has shown promise, although it can have side-effects, such as drowsiness, visual symptoms and dryness of the mouth and other mucous membranes.
In 2018, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a glycopyrronium bromide-containing disposable cloth (brand name Qbrexza) for the treatment of primary axillary hyperhidrosis.
For peripheral hyperhidrosis, some chronic sufferers have found relief by simply ingesting crushed ice water. Ice water helps to cool excessive body heat during its transport through the blood vessels to the extremities, effectively lowering overall body temperature to normal levels within ten to thirty minutes.
Surgery (शल्य चिकित्सा)
Sweat gland removal or destruction is one surgical option available for axillary hyperhidrosis i.e. excessive underarm perspiration. There are multiple methods for sweat gland removal or destruction, such as sweat gland suction, retrodermal curettage, and axillary liposuction, Vaser, or Laser Sweat Ablation. Sweat gland suction is a technique adapted for liposuction.
The other main surgical option is endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS), which cuts, burns, or clamps the thoracic ganglion on the main sympathetic chain that runs alongside the spine. Clamping is intended to permit the reversal of the procedure.
ETS is generally considered a “safe, reproducible, and effective procedure and most patients are satisfied with the results of the surgery”. Satisfaction rates above 80% have been reported, and are higher for children. The procedure brings relief from excessive hand sweating in about 85–95% of patients.
Hyperhidrosis Prognosis (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस का निदान)
Hyperhidrosis can have physiological consequences such as cold and clammy hands, dehydration, and skin infections secondary to maceration of the skin.
Hyperhidrosis Epidemiology (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस महामारी विज्ञान)
It affects men and women equally, and most commonly occurs among people aged 25–64 years, though some may have been affected since early childhood. About 30–50% of people have another family member afflicted, implying a genetic predisposition.
Hyperhidrosis Home remedies (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस के घरेलू उपचार)
Wheatgrass juice (गेहूं का रस)
Wheatgrass juice is another effective home remedy for reducing excessive sweating. It helps by balancing the acids and toxins in the blood that cause sweating. Plus, wheatgrass juice is rich in B vitamins and other nutrients that help regulate body temperature.
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of wheatgrass juice daily.
Lemon has long been an Ayurvedic remedy to control sweating. It works as a natural deodorant to mask the embarrassing odors caused by perspiration.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to a glass of water. Soak a washcloth in it and rub it all over your body. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then take a bath or shower using only cold water. Do this once daily.
- Another option is to mix equal parts of lemon juice and baking soda into a smooth paste. Use a cotton pad to apply this mixture to the sweating areas. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy every other day.
Tomato juice (टमाटर का रस)
Tomato juice has astringent properties that help shrink pores block the ducts that secrete sweat. Plus, being rich in antioxidants, it helps regulate sweat glands.
- Drink 1 cup of fresh tomato juice daily for a week, then reduce the dosage to 1 cup every other day for another week.
- Before taking a shower, apply tomato juice on the body parts that sweat a lot and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off in the shower. Repeat once daily until you notice changes in your sweating pattern.
According to Ayurveda, white sandalwood powder can help control sweating and keep skin dry. It has several enzymes that absorb extra moisture from the skin. Plus, its aromatic fragrance will help mask body odor caused by excessive sweating.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of white sandalwood powder with enough rose water to make a thin paste.
- Mix in a little bit of lemon juice.
- Apply this paste on freshly washed body areas that sweat a lot.
- Allow it to dry and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow this treatment once daily until the excessive sweating is under control.
Black tea (काली चाय)
Black tea is a good remedy to control sweating. The tannic acid in tea has antiperspirant and astringent properties. Thus, black tea helps make the sweat glands constrict so they do not produce sweat in excess. Also, black tea kills bacteria that cause body odor.
- Put 1 or 2 tea bags in 3 to 4 cups of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
- Dip a wash the clothes in this solution and rub it on the underarms and neck. To control feet and hand sweating, soak them in this water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Follow this treatment once daily for a few weeks.
Hyperhidrosis and Siddha remedies (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस और सिद्ध उपचार)
1. Siddha preventive measures (सिद्ध निवारक उपाय)
Everybody must practice Siddha preventive measures, whether a person is affected with hyperhidrosis or not, but preventive measures are the primary steps for switching on to any other Siddha remedies, and hence they are important. It helps in one’s capability, effectiveness, and productivity, decision making power, intellectualism, and removing minor health problems. There are three types of preventive measures:
- Earthing – performed for earthing the negativity of our body
- Field Cleaning – cleans energy field (Aura) of our body
- Siddha Brain Exercise/Energizing – energizes our brain for proper functionality
Everybody’s tendency is to get attracted to the word ‘free‘, however, don’t neglect even these Siddha preventive measures are free. Avail the benefits by practicing them sincerely, and regularly. For the ease of understanding what Siddha preventive measures are, please watch a video for a live demonstration.
2. Siddha Shaktidata Yog (सिद्ध शक्तिदिता योग)
This unique Siddha Shaktidata Yog of Siddha Spirituality can solve the problems related to hyperhidrosis with free Siddha remedies. There is no compulsion of training of ‘Swami Hardas Life System’ methods. This not only gives benefits to self but also it can be used for other affected persons, whether a person is in the same house, distantly available in the same city, same nation or might be in any corner of the world, however, both the procedures have been explained here.
3. Siddha Kalyan Sadhana (सिद्ध कल्याण साधना)
Recite this Sadhana with a Sankalp “My problems of hyperhidrosis are solved as early as possible and I should gain health” (हाइपरहाइड्रोसिस की मेरी समस्याएं जल्द से जल्द हल हो और मुझे स्वास्थ्य हासिल हो ), which should be repeated in mind 3 – 3 times every after each stanza. Any person irrespective of caste, creed, religion, faith, sex, and age can recite this Sadhana for free, which should be repeated at least twice in a day. To know more, please click on this link.
4. CCPE products (CCPE उत्पाद)
These products work on the concepts of ‘Conceptual Creative Positive Energy’ (CCPE) within the provisions of the ‘CCPE Life System’ and the theory of Quantum Technology to a certain extent. However, the products get activated only whenever touched by a human, and then they become capable of solving the problem and achieving health. However, please use these products for hyperhidrosis as mentioned below:
CCPE Extractor: The CCPE Extractor should be gently moved over the Agya Chakra in a circular motion at least for 30 to 60 seconds, thereafter, follow the same process on the head, and the location of sweating i.e. palms, armpit, feet, etc (as applicable) for another 30 to 60 seconds, which finishes within almost 1 – 2 minutes.
CCPE Booster: Keep one Booster over the Agya Chakra and another one each over the head, and the location of sweating i.e. palms, armpit, feet, etc (as applicable) for 3 minutes. You may need to have 3 Boosters, which establishes positive energy.
A daily routine (एक दैनिक दिनचर्या)
In general, a daily routine may look like this:
- Increase physical activities e.g. exercise, walking, swimming, and consume Sattvik diet, Mediterranean diet, etc
- Apply free Siddha energy remedies regularly as explained above
- Do meditation regularly
- Perform Swayamsiddha Agnihotra daily, if feasible
- In case, if someone wishes to learn advanced methods of Swami Hardas Life System, undergo unique training
Ensure to sprinkle in some fun during the day: Don’t forget to relax and laugh in between. Laughing is a great way to boost your immune system and help you.
Along with all the above activities, apply above explained free Siddha energy remedies minimum 3 times a day, the more is good. Just try the methods of Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System. I am confident that you will surely find improvements within 7 days.
Training of Swami Hardas Life System (स्वामी हरदास लाइफ सिस्टम का प्रशिक्षण)
Any problem with regard to health, peace, and progress can be solved independently without money and medicines by undergoing training of Swami Hardas Life System. Any person irrespective of religion, caste, creed, faith, sex, and age can undergo this unique training.
In view of the above, I am confident that you have learned about hyperhidrosis, meaning, causes, diagnosis, prevention, prognosis, epidemiology, treatment, home remedies, and free Siddha energy remedies. Now, you have become self-sufficient, hence its right time to use your acquired knowledge for solving problems as per the provision available in Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System. However, keep learning and practicing the free Siddha Energy Remedies, which would help guide how to solve various problems regarding health, peace, and progress, without money and medicines.
After reading this article, how would you rate it? Would you please share the knowledge with others and let me know your precious thoughts?
The opinions expressed in this article are the personal opinions of the concerned site owners. Siddha Spirituality For Health is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. However, it is advisable to consult a specialist in the concerned field before availing of the benefits. Hence we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.