Sleep inertia (नींद की जड़ता) is a physiological state of impaired cognitive and sensory-motor performance that is present immediately after awakening. It persists during the transition of sleep to wakefulness, where an individual will experience feelings of drowsiness, disorientation, and a decline in motor dexterity. Impairment from sleep inertia may take several hours to dissipate. In the majority of cases, morning sleep inertia is experienced for 15 to 30 minutes after waking. Sleep inertia is of concern when decision-making abilities, safety-critical tasks, and the ability to operate efficiently are important soon after awakening. Many of us are affected by sleep inertia, hence Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System appeals to our valuable readers to read the article for well-being.
Sleep inertia is a physiological state characterized by a decline in motor dexterity and a subjective feeling of grogginess immediately following an abrupt awakening.
Sleep inertia Symptoms (नींद की जड़ता के लक्षण)
These symptoms are expressed with the greatest intensity immediately after waking and dissipate following a period of extended wakefulness. The duration of symptoms varies on a conditional basis, with primary expression during the first 15–60 minutes after waking and potentially extending for several hours. The symptoms include:
- Grogginess, as defined by a drowsy or disoriented state in which there is a dampening of sensory acuity and mental processing
- Impaired motor dexterity and decrease in cognitive ability
- Deficits in spatial memory
- Reports of heightened subjective fatigue
Tasks that require more complex cognitive operations will feature greater deficits as compared to a simple motor task; the accuracy of sensory and motor functioning is more impaired by sleep inertia as compared to sheer speed. In order to measure the cognitive and motor deficiencies associated with sleep inertia, a battery of tests may be utilized including psychomotor vigilance task, descending subtraction task, auditory reaction time task, and the finger-tapping task.
Sleep inertia Causes (नींद की जड़ता के कारण)
Levels of cerebral blood flow (CBF) and cerebral blood flow velocities (CBFV) will take up to 30 minutes to increase and reach daytime levels. Studies using advanced imaging have shown that cerebral blood flow will return to waking levels in the brainstem and thalamus first. Then, after 15 minutes, the brain’s anterior cortical regions receive normal daytime blood flow. This 15 minute time period corresponds to the sleep inertia period. The causes include:
- Prior sleep deprivation increases the percentage of time spent in slow-wave sleep (SWS)
- Adenosine levels in the brain progressively increase with sleep deprivation and return to normal during sleep
- History of anxiety, depression, and stress, etc
- Studies show that individuals express a lack of blood flow to the brain upon awakening
Sleep inertia Treatment (नींद की जड़ता का उपचार)
There has been a great deal of research into potential methods to relieve the effects of sleep inertia. The demand for remedies is driven by the occupational hazards of sleep inertia for employees who work extended shifts such as medical professionals, emergency responders, or military personnel. The motor functioning and cognitive ability of these professionals who must immediately respond to a call can pose a safety hazard in the workplace. Below are some of the various methods that have been suggested to combat sleep inertia:
When a person is sleep-deprived, re-entering sleep may provide a viable route to reduce mental and physical fatigue but it can also induce sleep inertia. In order to limit sleep inertia, one should avoid waking from the deeper stages of slow-wave sleep. The onset of slow-wave sleep occurs approximately 30 minutes after falling asleep, therefore a nap should be limited to under 30 minutes to prevent waking during slow-wave sleep and enhancing sleep inertia.
Caffeine is a xanthine derivative that can cross the blood-brain barrier. The caffeine present in coffee or tea exerts its stimulating action by blocking adenosine receptors in the brain. By antagonizing the adenosine receptors caffeine limits the effects of adenosine buildup in the brain and increases alertness and attentiveness.
Previous research has shown that coupled with a short nap, consuming caffeine prior to the nap can alleviate the effects of sleep inertia. Nonetheless, individual degree of consumption and tolerance to caffeine may be responsible for variation in its efficacy to reduce sleep inertia symptoms.
The natural light provided by the sunrise may contribute to a reduction in sleep inertia effects. Research simulating an increase of light at dawn was shown to potentiate the cortisol awakening response (CAR). The CAR is a spike in blood cortisol levels following awakening and is associated with the return to an alert cognitive state.
Some other interventions that could potentially minimize the effects of sleep inertia are sound and temperature. There is moderate evidence that the presence of mild sounds and a sharp decrease in the temperature of the extremities may independently reverse sleep inertia symptoms. Noise is thought to increase attentiveness upon awakening. A drop in temperature of the extremities may prevent heat loss, facilitating the return of core body temperature to homeostatic daytime levels.
Sleep inertia Home Remedies (नींद की जड़ता के घरेलू उपचार)
Epsom Salt Bath (एप्सम नमक स्नान)
Naturopathic practitioners recommended that people take a bath mixed with Epsom salt before sleeping at night. The magnesium content can aid in creating a feeling of well-being by soothing sore muscles and calming nerves. Ingredients: ½ cup of Epsom salt, 1 warm bathwater.
Direction for use: Add the Epsom salt to the bathwater, stir well so salts dissolve, and soak for 20 minutes, an hour before sleeping. Several times a week.
Lavender and Olive 0il (लैवेंडर और जैतून का तेल)
The scent of lavender oil is soothing. Olive oil contains fat, vitamins E and K, and possesses moisturizing, anti-oxidant, and soothing effects. Ingredients: 1 tsp of olive oil, a few drops of lavender oil.
Direction for use: Mix both oils and rub on the soles of your feet before sleeping.
Because of its serotonin, melatonin, and magnesium that helps calm you down and then relax your muscles and your nerves, bananas are regarded as one of the tastiest sleeping pills. Ingredient: 1 banana.
Direction for use: Eat bananas twice a day.
Warm milk, Cinnamon powder, Honey (गर्म दूध, दालचीनी पाउडर, शहद)
Warm milk relaxes the mind and body and is a rich source of calcium. This helps to alleviate stress as well as regulate melatonin production, the hormone that regulates sleep. Cinnamon and honey have similar effects. Therefore, drinking warm milk mixed with cinnamon powder and honey before you sleep can treat your sleep disorders at home. Ingredients: 1 cup of warm milk, ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder, 1 tsp of honey.
Direction for use: Add the cinnamon powder and honey into the warm milk and stir well, and drink an hour before sleeping, once a day.
Almond is rich in magnesium, which promotes both muscle relaxation and sleeps. It contains tryptophan that can aid in raising serotonin levels, which regulates sleep patterns. Additionally, the protein content maintains stable blood sugar levels during sleep. Ingredients: 1 glass of warm water, A little almond butter.
Direction for use: Eat almond butter, and then, drink the water, 1 hour before sleeping, once a day. You can use warm milk instead of warm water.
Change bad habits (बुरी आदतों को बदलें)
Bad habits also can cause or worsen sleep problems. Here are some things to take note of:
- Uncomfortable bedrooms can disrupt sleep. Ensure that your environment is dark, cool, comfortable, and quiet.
- Switch off your laptop, mobile phone, and tablet as you sleep two hours before bedtime, as blue wavelength light suppresses melatonin production and contributes to insomnia.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol consumption as they contribute to sleeplessness.
- 4-5 hours before sleeping, exercises such as meditation, aerobic, and yoga relax your mind and body.
- Hot showers before sleeping lower core body temperature and lessens stress to help sleep. Or add salt to a warm bath for a 20-minute soak.
- Bedtime stories and music are good methods that can make you sleepy.
- You can turn the white noise machine that may produce low-level soothing noise so as to help you to solve your insomnia.
- Consume the foods rich in magnesium and calcium, which are effective sleep aids.
Sleep inertia Important tips (नींद की जड़ता के महत्वपूर्ण सुझाव)
Whether you regularly experience sleep inertia or not, embracing good sleep hygiene is always a good idea. It can help you get the appropriate amount of rest that you need to function well and feel good.
Consider a few of these strategies:
- Establish a regular bedtime routine to help you unwind and relax. You might listen to some soft music or read a few pages in a book.
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule. That is, plan to go to bed at the same time each evening and wake around the same time each morning.
- Log off from all electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime. Some people find that it’s easier to forego the electronic devices, including tablets, laptops, and even televisions if they keep them out of the bedroom altogether.
- Don’t drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages in the evening before bedtime.
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark, which can help you relax and sleep better.
- Avoid drinking anything containing alcohol before bedtime, since researchTrusted Source suggests it can disrupt your sleep.
- Don’t eat a big meal close to bedtime. But a light bedtime snack might help if you’re hungry. Some research suggests that a snack, especially foods that contain tryptophan or affect your body’s melatonin and serotonin levels, might help you sleep a little better.
Sleep inertia And Siddha remedies (नींद की जड़ता और सिद्ध उपचार)
1. Siddha preventive measures (सिद्ध निवारक उपाय)
Everybody must practice Siddha preventive measures, whether a person is affected with sleep inertia or not, but preventive measures are the primary steps for switching on to any other Siddha remedies, and hence they are important. It helps in one’s capability, effectiveness, and productivity, decision making power, intellectuality, and removing minor health problems. There are three types of preventive measures:
- Earthing – performed for earthing the negativity of our body
- Field Cleaning – cleans energy field (Aura) of our body
- Siddha Brain Exercise/Energizing – energizes our brain for proper functionality
Everybody’s tendency is to get attracted to the word ‘free‘, however, don’t neglect even these Siddha preventive measures are free. Avail the benefits by practicing them sincerely, and regularly. For the ease of understanding what Siddha preventive measures are, please watch a video for a live demonstration.
2. Siddha Shaktidata Yog (सिद्ध शक्तीदाता योग)
This unique Siddha Shaktidata Yog of Siddha Spirituality can solve the problems related to sleep inertia with Siddha remedies. There is no compulsion of training of ‘Swami Hardas Life System’ methods. This not only gives benefits to self but also it can be used for other affected persons, whether a person is in the same house, distantly available in the same city, same nation or might be in any corner of the world, however, both the procedures have been explained here.
3. Siddha Kalyan Sadhana (सिद्ध कल्याण साधना)
Recite this Sadhana with a Sankalp “My problems of sleep inertia are solved as early as possible and I should gain health” (जितनी जल्दी हो सके नींद की जड़ता की मेरी समस्याओं का निवारण हो और मुझे स्वास्थ्य हासिल हो ), which should be repeated in mind 3 – 3 times every after each stanza. Any person irrespective of caste, creed, religion, faith, sex, and age can recite this Sadhana for free, which should be repeated at least twice in a day. To know more, please click on this link.
4. CCPE products (CCPE उत्पाद)
These products work on the concepts of ‘Conceptual Creative Positive Energy’ (CCPE) within the provisions of the ‘CCPE Life System’ and the theory of Quantum Technology to a certain extent. However, the products get activated only whenever touched by a human and then they become capable of solving the problem and achieving health. However, please use these products for sleep inertia as mentioned below:
CCPE Extractor: The CCPE Extractor should be gently moved over the Agya Chakra in a circular motion at least for 30 to 60 seconds, thereafter, follow the same process on the head for another 30 to 60 seconds, which finishes within almost 1 – 2 minutes.
CCPE Booster: Keep one Booster over the Agya Chakra and another one each over the head for 3 – 6 minutes. You may need to have 2 Boosters, which establishes positivity.
5. A daily routine (एक दैनिक दिनचर्या)
In general, a daily routine may look like this:
- Increase physical activities e.g. exercise, walking, swimming, and consume Sattvik diet, etc
- Apply free Siddha remedies minimum 3 times a day, as explained above
- Practice Ananda meditation regularly
- Chant any mantra as per your religion or belief while lying down for sleep
- In case, if someone wishes to learn advanced methods of Swami Hardas Life System, undergo unique training
- Perform Swayamsiddha Agnihotra daily, if feasible
Ensure to sprinkle in some fun during the day: Don’t forget to relax and laugh in between. Laughing is a great way to boost your immune system and help you.
Along with all the above activities, apply above explained free Siddha remedies minimum 3 times a day, the more is good. Just try the methods of Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System. I am confident that you will surely find improvements within 3 days.
Training of Swami Hardas Life System (स्वामी हरदास लाइफ सिस्टम का प्रशिक्षण)
Any problem with regard to health, peace, and progress can be solved independently without money and medicines by undergoing training of Swami Hardas Life System. Any person irrespective of religion, caste, creed, faith, sex, and age can undergo this unique training.
In view of the above, I am confident that you have learned about sleep inertia, definition, symptoms, causes, treatments, sleep inertia important tips, and home remedies. You also learned free Siddha remedies. Now, you have become self-sufficient, hence its right time to use your acquired knowledge for solving problems as per the provision available in Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System.
After reading this article, how would you rate it? Would you please let me know your precious thoughts?
The opinions expressed in this article are the personal opinions of the concerned site owners. Siddha Spirituality For Health is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. However, it is advisable to consult a specialist in the concerned field before availing of the benefits. Hence we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.