Aerobic exercise (एरोबिक व्यायाम), also known as cardio, is a physical exercise of low to high intensity that depends primarily on the aerobic energy-generating process. “Aerobic” means “relating to, involving, or requiring free oxygen”, and refers to the use of oxygen to adequately meet energy demands during exercise via aerobic metabolism. What is generally called aerobic exercise might be better termed “solely aerobic”, because it is designed to be low-intensity enough so that all carbohydrates are aerobically turned into energy. When practiced in this way, examples of cardiovascular or aerobic exercise are medium to long-distance running or jogging, swimming, cycling, and walking. Having a good impact of aerobic exercise, Siddha Spirituality of Swami Hardas Life System considers our readers to avail the benefits. So read health benefits, disadvantages, and types in details.
Aerobic exercise Definition (एरोबिक व्यायाम की परिभाषा)
Aerobic exercise is a brisk exercise that promotes the circulation of oxygen through the blood and is associated with an increased rate of breathing. Examples include running, swimming, and bicycling.
Aerobic exercise Benefits (एरोबिक व्यायाम के लाभ)
Cooper describes some of the major health benefits of aerobic exercises, such as gaining more efficient lungs by maximizing breathing capacity, thereby increasing the ability to ventilate more air in a shorter period of time. As breathing capacity increases, one is able to extract oxygen more quickly into the bloodstream, increasing the elimination of carbon dioxide.
With aerobic exercise, the heart becomes more efficient at functioning, and blood volume, hemoglobin, and red blood cells increase, enhancing the ability of the body to transport oxygen from the lungs into the blood and muscles. Metabolism will change and enable the consumption of more calories without putting on weight.
Aerobic exercise can delay osteoporosis as there is an increase in muscle mass, a loss of fat and an increase in bone density. With these variables increasing, there is a decrease in the likelihood of diabetes as muscles use sugars better than fat. One of the major benefits of aerobic exercise is that bodyweight may decrease slowly; it will only decrease at a rapid pace if there is a calorie restriction, therefore reducing obesity rates.
Health benefits (स्वास्थ्य लाभ)
Among the recognized health benefits of doing regular aerobic exercise are:
- Strengthening the muscles involved in respiration, to facilitate the flow of air in and out of the lungs
- Strengthening and enlarging the heart muscle, to improve its pumping efficiency and reduce the resting heart rate, known as aerobic conditioning
- Improving circulation efficiency and reducing blood pressure
- Increasing the total number of red blood cells in the body, facilitating the transport of oxygen
- Improving mental health, including reducing stress and lowering the incidence of depression, as well as increased cognitive capacity.
- Reducing the risk for diabetes (One meta-analysis has shown, from multiple conducted studies, that aerobic exercise does help lower HbA1C levels for type 2 diabetics.)
- Reducing the risk of death due to cardiovascular problems
High-impact aerobic activities (such as jogging or using a skipping rope) can:
- Stimulate bone growth
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis for both men and women
Body performance benefits (शरीर के प्रदर्शन में लाभ)
In addition to the health benefits of aerobic exercise, there are numerous performance benefits:
- Increasing storage of energy molecules such as fats and carbohydrates within the muscles, allowing for increased endurance
- Neovascularization of the muscle sarcomeres to increase blood flow through the muscles
- Increasing speed at which aerobic metabolism is activated within muscles, allowing a greater portion of energy for intense exercise to be generated aerobically
- Improving the ability of muscles to use fats during exercise, preserving intramuscular glycogen
- Enhancing the speed at which muscles recover from high-intensity exercise
Neurobiological effects (न्यूरोबायोलॉजिकल प्रभाव)
- Improvement in brain structural connections
- Increase in gray matter density
- New neuron growth
- Improvement in cognitive function (cognitive control and various forms of memory)
- Improvement or maintenance of mental health
Aerobic exercise Disadvantages (एरोबिक व्यायाम के नुकसान)
Some drawbacks of aerobic exercise include:
- Overuse injuries because of repetitive, high-impact exercise such as distance running
- Is not an effective approach to building muscle
- Not an effective form of fat loss, unless used consistently
Both the health benefits and the performance benefits, or training effect, require that the duration and the frequency of exercise both exceed a certain minimum. Most authorities suggest at least twenty minutes performed at least three times per week.
Aerobic exercise at home (घर पर एरोबिक व्यायाम)
Doing your cardio exercising at home is an attractive option, offering convenience as well as a way to save money and time. Luckily, a good cardio workout doesn’t have to require a ton of space or fancy equipment, and with a little creativity, you can put together a fitness routine with a wide range of effective cardio exercises that will tone muscle, burn calories, and help you lose weight.
Below are some home cardio exercises you can do anytime, anywhere:
Jump Rope (रस्सी कूदना)
Turning a rope with handles repeatedly while jumping over it and (optional) chanting rhymes. It’s great cardio, burning about 220 calories in 20 minutes. Jump ropes are inexpensive, travel well, require no special skills, and can be used anywhere you have space. A jump rope, a good pair of shoes, patience, and practice is required. For the best results, turn the rope with the wrists, not the arms, and land softly. Only jump high enough to clear the rope. Jumping on one foot, alternating feet, crossing the feet, jumping with high knees, double turning the rope.
Best ways to use Jumping Rope:
- In a Beginner Circuit: Alternating 10-30 seconds of jumping with marching in place for 5-10 circuits. Gradually work up to longer jumping sessions
- In a Cardio Circuit: Alternate 30-60 seconds of jumping with other cardio exercises such as marching, jogging, jumping jacks, etc.
- In a Strength Circuit: Alternate 30-60 seconds of jumping with strength exercises, such as squats, lunges, push-ups, and dips.
Jogging in Place (जगह पर जॉगिंग)
Jogging in a stationary position. It’s simple, accessible, get the heart rate up, and is a great way to warm up for more intense exercise. A good pair of shoes is required. It’s high impact, which may tax the joints, and it can be boring. Because there’s no forward motion, it isn’t as intense as jogging outside. Press the arms overhead, high knees, butt kicks, wide knees.
Best ways to use Jogging in Place:
- As a Warm-Up: Start by marching in place, then slowly change that to a jog to prepare your body for more strenuous exercise.
- In a Cardio Circuit: Alternate jogging in place with other cardio exercises, such as marching, jogging, jumping rope, step touches, etc. Do each for 30-60 seconds, repeating the circuit for 10-30 minutes.
- In a Strength Circuit: Alternate 30-60 seconds of jogging in place with strength exercises, such as squats, lunges, push-ups, and dips for 10-30 minutes.
- As an Active Break: Try jogging in place when you need an active break at work or at home.
Aerobic exercise Types (एरोबिक व्यायाम के प्रकार)
|Indoor||Outdoor||Indoor or outdoor|
|Stationary bicycle||Running||Skipping rope or jump rope|
|Treadmill||Cross-country skiing||Circuit training|
|Cross-country running||Jumping jacks|
|Nordic walking||Water aerobics|